The American Academy of Pain Medicine Foundation
The American Academy of Pain Medicine Foundation was created in 2011 to support the efforts of AAPM. The Foundation supports AAPM’s core purpose, which is to optimize the health of patients in pain and eliminate the major health problem of pain by advancing the practice and the specialty of Pain Medicine.
The overarching focus of the Foundation’s efforts is to advocate for patient safety by providing funding support to expand and enhance education and research, as well as advocating for improved training to advance pain management. Our priorities include:
- Leading comprehensive prescriber education efforts to ensure patient safety and the effective treatment of pain
- Championing the highest quality treatment of patients and practice standards, resulting in optimal patient-centered outcomes
- Setting the agenda for a national/international discussion on patient safety in Pain Medicine
- Engaging the full-spectrum of stakeholders to eliminate knowledge gaps through education, research and advocacy
- Advocating for improved consistency in training to advance pain medicine
The AAPM Foundation is committed to funding opportunities for comprehensive education and research to close gaps in knowledge and help provide the highest quality, safe treatments in Pain Medicine. Together with AAPM, the Foundation has identified a three-year plan to provide innovative and wide-reaching educational programs to improve patient outcomes and elevated standards of implementation in the treatment of pain, as well as to fund research to advance the field.
Foundation Board Members:
Donations to the Foundation:
8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60631
Phil Saigh, Executive Director
AAPM and AAPM Foundation